Dating royal doulton toby jugs


The company added products during the first half of the 20th century while manufacturing fashionable and high-quality bone china. The Lambeth factory closed in 1956 due to clean air regulations preventing urban production of salt glaze.The headquarters building and factory of the Royal Doulton ceramics firm were in Lambeth, on the south bank of the Thames. Following closure, work was transferred to The Potteries.The famous salt-glazed wares with blue decoration first appeared in 1862.



On 2 July 2015 the acquisition of WWRD by the Finnish company Fiskars Corporation was completed.Hundreds of different characters from literature, legend and real life have been introduced to the collection.Many popular character jugs were made in a variety of sizes, large, small, miniature and tiny, and collectors often specialize in a favorite size for their displays.Its products include dinnerware, giftware, cookware, porcelain, glassware, collectables, jewellery, linens, curtains and lighting.

Three of its brands were Royal Doulton, Royal Albert and Mintons.

Many glazes and decorative effects were developed including faience, impasto, silicon, carrara, marqueterie, chine, and rouge flambe.